Comment editing allows users to edit the comments and attachments placed as comments within SocialEngine Cloud.
The default for comment editing is never. Activate this new functionality on your site site today.
Two New Admin Features
Go to: Admin Control Panel->Settings->Comments
Allow Comment Editing
Lets members edit comments and add if attachments are enables the ability to delete them.
Choose one of the following options:
- Up to 1 minute after commenting
- up to 5 minutes after commenting
- Up to 30 minutes after commenting
- Up to 24 hours after commenting
- Up to one week after commenting
Allow Attachments in Comments
Allows for links and attachments to be added to a comment.
Select one of three options:
- Do not allow attachments in comments
- Only allow link attachments
- Allow links and uploaded files
- Edit and Delete functionality are visible to the content originator in the comment box
- If a comment has been edited, the edit time will appear to all readers
- A new attachment icon is now visible in the bottom right of the comment box to the comment originator
- The comment originator will see the ability to edit or delete the comment.
- When edit is selected the comment text box is highlighted and cursor becomes active to make any changes
- Comment originator can change the comment , enter to save, or esc too cancel. I one cancels a pop up will alert you of unsaved changes
- If the user leaves without saving a notification box will appear to warn you of unsaved changes
If a link is inserted into the original comment the user is able to:
- See a preview of the linked content
- Select a thumbnail
- Edit linked post title and description
Being able to add attachments to comments is available by clicking on the attachment icon in the bottom right of the comment box. With attachments:
- GIFs can be added to comments through attachments
- Attachments without a title or description will appear as full-size images once the page is refreshed
- As the comment attachment originator you can delete the attachment and upload a new attachment to the comment.
- One cannot edit the title or description of the attachment
- We hope you take these new features live, we know your members will love it.
source: The SocialEngine Team.