In this article for SocialEngine 4.x we will help you the solve the problem with the page load time and the best socialengine hosting. Yes, we are talking about the speed of http://www.socialengine.com/ and try to help you figure out the best way to make it fast.
The most problems we meet in beginning with SocialEngine come from hosting, so that if you can choose the best social engine hosting, it can save you a lot of time and money. That ‘s why we publish this article.
SocialEngine(SE) 4.x base on Zend Framework. It ‘s the best social network platform (it is paid platform, not free) with all of features for us to build a perfect social network site with a lot of third party add-ons. The problem is “it ‘s too heavy”. We will not focus to why it ‘s so heavy, we only focus to how to make it fly with the top performance.
Basically, the SocialEngine Core 4.x is optimized perfect for best performance, the problem only come from the server set up and configuration. That mean if we can choose the best socialengine hosting what configure best for SocialEngine you will get the top performance easily. Here are all of requirements for the best social engine hosting.
1. What Hosting can make SocialEngine work smooth (Compatible requirements).
First of all, we need to make sure the hosting we buy what can help socialengine work smooth with all of features. It doesn’t make sense to buy a cheap hosting but it doesn’t make socialengine work.
For now, our team always get SiteGround SocialEngine Hosting package for all of our projects. If you look at this package, you will see that this package is designed for SocialEngine to make sure all of features work well. And much more features support for performance. Ok, the hosting provider must make sure they design their hosting package for socialengine before doing any other optimization step.
Only “work” is not enough, we want our social network site work fast, safe and more … Let ‘s continue with other requirements for the best social enginehosting.
2. SocialEngine hosting tweak for top performance.
There are a lot of server configurations required to make SocialEngine work perfect. In the case the hosting company provide socialengine hosting package they should know how to configure for the best performance. We will not focus to how to configure but you should look at the detail of hosting package to know if it is designed and tweaked for social engine or not.
Look at their feature list, they will tell you the detail about what they provide and support for SocialEngine.
3. The Best Social Engine Hosting Security
Since you have a social network site for many users in community, your users will leave you soon if you don’t have the best security. Other than that, a lot of risk can make your business fail if you don’t focus to security enough. Basically, SocialEngine source have the perfect security itself. So that, you just need to choose the best socialengine hosting what guarantee for you the security from server side.
Again when you look at SiteGround socialengine hosting package, you will see these features:
- SocialEngine Optimized Server
- Anti-Hack Systems & Help
- Free Daily Backup
- SSL support
4. SocialEngine Expert support
This can be considered as a hosting feature what save us a lot of time when using them, even though we are the socialengine development team, we know how to solve almost socialengine problem. But if the hosting provider can do it for us then it ‘s nice.
If you are a business man or your company don’t want to spend too much money for a dedicated guy to maintain socialengine site, you must choose the hosting package what have social expert support. It ‘s very important to make the website more trust from users since all of problems are solved in minutes.
5. The Best SocialEngine Caching solution
– Dynamic cache: Social engine support full page caching itself, but almost us will use filesystem for caching. File System is slowest caching method for any website. So that you need to focus to some other advance caching solution to get it work faster. It can be memcached, redis cache, XCache …
– Proxy cache: if you hear people talk about Varnish or Squid proxy cache then you got the right tips. Varnish or Squid will make your site fatest and server more users.
Well, it ‘s difficult to find a shared web hosting what support caching solution above. But luckily, the reason why our team always use SiteGround social engine hosting package because it support memcached and Varnish cache what increase the performance very much.
6. Extra features for flexible socialengine site.
– Flexible upgrade: you have a new website and only get 200 visits/day, you will not know when you can get 10k or 100k/visits/day so that the hosting provider must support a bigger package what upgrade easily.
– Free moving: you already have a website but you are not happy with it. The hosting provider will have a free moving service to get your website to new hosting area without downtime.
– Free domain: I don’t want to write it down here, but anyway, it ‘s nice to save ~$10/year for domain free.
– CDN ready support: CDN is a service what can help our website load faster in all of location on the world.
– Opcode support: the opcode can make your site up to 10x for a big source code what include too many files. Opcode is one of the last step to run PHP, so that if we have opcode solution. After compile to opcode, it will save in cache and next time, it only run from opcode, don’t need to compile again. The option for this can be APC, Xcache, Accelerate ….
If you meet the problem with performance then we are pretty sure that you meet problem come from server/hosting configuration. For the best socialengine hosting, it ‘s quite easy to get it fast for some thousand visits/day.
All of features above only requirements of hosting to get social engine work best for top performance, the last thing is still come with configuration in back end of social engine. But it should be easy. So you only need to keep all of features above for a social engine hosting, then we can make sure it will work very fast.
Some years now, our team only use SiteGround socialengine hosting package because they are only one on the world support advance caching solution in shared hosting with supercacher, and of course they meet very well with all of other requirements.
Welcome your comments to make the article more useful. Thanks